Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How can we help you?

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

What does MoveMate provide?

first1

MoveMate connects you with local movers (“Mates”) who will help you move your belongings from Point A to Point B. Our Mates will come to your pick-up location, load your belongings into the Mates’ trucks and transport them to your destination. They use various vehicles including cargo vans, sprinter vans, and box trucks that will be assigned to you based on your needs.

Can I make a long-distance move with MoveMate?

third3

Yes. MoveMate offers long-distance moves if your move starts or ends in Montreal. The pricing will be different from a standard move. You can request your quote in the chat.

What if I think that I should not be charged for the extra fees?

first1

If you are asked to pay extra fees, and you don’t think it is warranted, chat with us or send us an email at support@movemate.io with your detailed claim and a representative will help solve the issue. We also give a call to each of our customers after the move to learn more about your experience and how we can improve your future experience. It’s crucial for us at MoveMate to make your move as simple and pleasant as possible.

What if my items are damaged during a move?

first1

If any item is damaged during the time frame of a move, please ensure that you have taken a picture of it. You have 48 hours after the move to report the damage to us if no solution is found with the Mate. If the damage is proven to have occurred during the move, we will work with you and our Mate to address the issue. Our Mates are professional movers who are involved with MoveMate and are trained in the best and safest methods to move your items safely. Unfortunately, accidents do happen at times.

What do you recommend that I do to book the move?

first1

At MoveMate, we recommend that you put all the items that you will be requiring to avoid paying extra fees. Also, make sure to protect your belongings appropriately to ensure that the move goes smoothly!

Does MoveMate offer insurance for the move?

first1

In 90% of cases, your current renter or home liability insurance covers for any damages to your belongings during your move. However, if something were to break and it’s deemed to be the mate’s fault, then we would compensate.

Can I book for the truck only (no movers/mates)?

first1

Unfortunately, we do not provide only the truck. All of our services include the labour. In situations like this, we recommend that you book for 1 Mate with a truck.

Do you have a storage solution?

first1

We do not offer storage solutions. We just do the moving. If you need to store your items, please visit our partners MTL Mini Storage at https://montrealministorage.com/en/

Can I ride along with my driver?

fourth4

Absolutely! You just need to check the “ride along” option when booking and meet the Mate at the pickup location. However, this option is only available if the booking is for one mate. There will be an additional charge of $15.

Can I use MoveMate for things other than residential moves?

fourth4

Absolutely! You can use MoveMate to transport anything from one location to another. Bought furniture at a store that had insane shipping prices, or something from Kijiji that’s too big to carry home by yourself? We can help!

Does MoveMate do the packing for me?

fourth4

MoveMate does offer packing services. This feature will soon be integrated in our platform. For now, if you want to know our prices for packing, please contact us in the chat.

Does MoveMate provide boxes for moving?

fourth4

MoveMate does offer boxes. This feature will soon be integrated into our platform. For now, if you want to know our prices for the boxes, please contact us in the chat.

I have a vehicle, but I just want help with moving. Do I have the option to just book helpers?

fourth4

Definitely! Select the “Just Mates” option when booking. They can help you pack, move, assemble or disassemble your furniture.

Do you also assemble and disassemble furniture?

fourth4

Yes, MoveMate also provides these services. This feature will soon be integrated into the platform, so if you want this service, please add it in the comments. If you want to know the pricing, please chat with us and we will provide one tailored to your needs.

Do you also dispose of old furniture?

fourth4

Yes, MoveMate can also help you dispose of old furniture. However, you would need to check the day of the week that you are allowed to leave large items on the curb. There are no hidden fees or transaction costs with MoveMate. At MoveMate, we strive to be as transparent with our customers as possible. Our app tells you instantly what the cost of your booking will be BEFORE you confirm any form of payment.

How can I add multiple pickup and delivery addresses?

first1

Currently, you cannot add multiple pickup and delivery addresses while you are booking, therefore you will need to leave it in the comments.

Our guidelines and terms

second2

No hidden surprises! Hi there! Please read our guidelines and accept at the end. In order for your move to happen smoothly, we ask you to please prepare a few things before we arrive. Please have all of your belongings packed and ready to go for your move at the agreed upon date. To make things easier for our Mates, please:Separate your furniture, luggage, large boxes, and smaller items Indicate which boxes are fragile and how they should be oriented Empty all furniture drawers Secure your dresser drawers and closet cabinets with tape Arrange items and boxes you are moving from largest to smallest. Larger items should be placed closer to the door Please ensure that your bed frame is disassembled before our mates get there, otherwise you can request the disassemble service Make sure the path to the door and to the street are clear of small items or obstacles If there is an elevator in your building, please arrange for it to be available for the Mates on the day of the move. Any significant delays caused by elevators that are not reserved may result in extra charges. Please secure parking for our vehicles in areas where there is no space to double park. Our vehicles require a parking space of about 2 to 3 car lengths. Ask neighbours ahead of time to move their cars to avoid unnecessary delays. Please secure parking for our vehicles in areas where there is no space to double park. Our vehicles require a parking space of about 2 to 3 car lengths. Ask neighbours ahead of time to move their cars to avoid unforeseen delays. If you are riding along with our Mate, all customers should ensure that they follow COVID regulations and wear masks at all times while sitting in the truck with our Mate. Mates have the right to deny your ride, if you don’t follow our regulations. We ask you to please respect these guidelines and plan ahead so you’re packed and ready to go in order to avoid any surprises. Please note that the price displayed and estimated time, are based on the details provided during the booking process. Any changes to the move details, undisclosed items or location inaccuracies will result in extra charges. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

How can I pay for my move?

second2

We currently accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards, Visa Debit cards and PayPal payments.

Do I have to pay a deposit to MoveMate?

second2

We charge 20% of the total amount for the move 24 hours after you have booked the move or delivery with MoveMate. The other 80% is charged 48 hours before the move is scheduled. If there are additional charges, they will be charged after the move has been completed.

Are there any hidden fees or transaction costs when booking through MoveMate?

second2

It should be noted that the agreed upon price, and estimated time, are based on the details provided during the booking process. Therefore, there will be extra charges for any and all undisclosed items.

What is your cancellation policy?

second2

– If the move is cancelled within 24 hours of the booking (and more than 48 hours away from the actual move), there will be no charge. – 24 hours after booking, a deposit of 20% of the total cost ($ 26.00) will be charged. If the move is cancelled 24 hours after booking, this deposit cannot be refunded, and will act as a cancellation fee. – Within 48 hours of the move, the remaining 80% of the total cost will be charged. If the booking is cancelled 48 hours before the move, the remaining 80% will still be charged and cannot be refunded.

What if I have to cancel due to the weather?

second2

If the weather exceeds the following limits then you can either cancel or reschedule the move without any penalties: -Snowstorm, icy rain, ice/black ice due to very low temperatures, 15cm of fresh snow or temperatures below -25°C

Can I change my booking?

second2

There may also be extra charges, equivalent to 20% of the total cost, for any modifications to the reservation made 24 hours after booking. This will be applied if a Mate has already been assigned to your move.

Are you currently hiring?

third3

You can submit your application through this link: hiring@movemate.io and write down the position you are applying for. Thank you for your interest!

Stay up to date. Get our newsletter.
Subscribe
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.