by Amy Gagnon
You’ve officially decided to move! Although this new milestone is exciting, it might also seem like a daunting task. From packing up all your belongings, to finding a new place to call home, and figuring out your next steps, this whole process can be pretty stressful. By booking with MoveMate, our professional movers will make sure that you won’t have to worry as much about your move! Here are five tips we’ve prepared for you to make your moving experience as stress free as possible.
1. Start as early as possible
Your new home is now awaiting you, and it’s officially time to start packing! Although your lease won’t be up for another few months, starting early can save you a lot of trouble down the line when time will no longer be on your side. You could start off by organizing your belongings into keep, sell, donate and toss categories. Our movers in Montreal, Vancouver, Quebec city or Calgary can definitely lend you a hand with the packing process!
2. Create a schedule
One of the easiest ways to guarantee a hassle-free move and packing experience is by creating a schedule that you know you’ll be able to stick to. Plan out what you will want to accomplish on a weekly or monthly basis leading up to the big move.
Not sure how to organize your schedule? Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Go at your own pace. Remember: it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
- Personalize it according to your own capacities and lifestyle; for example, by packing 2-3 boxes a day or even throughout a week!
- How many weeks in advance will you be contacting your moving company? On what days are your friends able to help you out?
MoveMate is always the safest option if you’re looking for movers! Our platform will set you up with our Mates based on your needs. Better yet, you can even get a free quote right now in order to plan ahead your budget!
3. Stay organized
After you create your schedule, staying organized is the key to a successful and stress-free move. Create a checklist of what you’ve already packed, what’s left to pack, and make sure to label all of your boxes. These 5 packing essential tips are sure to help you out, as well as this detailed blog on how to stay organized during your move! If you’re looking for additional boxes, our Mates can provide them for you on top of our usual moving services.
4. Declutter, donate or sell what you no longer need
Moving is that time where you realize how many things you’ve been accumulating over the years. If your ‘sell and donate’ pile is starting to grow, you have several options:
- You can look into a few local buying/selling groups on Facebook or any other second hand selling app/website.
- You can also organize a clothing swap with a few friends or colleagues if they’re up for it.
- Consider donating your clothes to your local thrift stores or any homeless shelters in need! Simply drop them off at any collection point near you.
5. Be mindful of your well-being
Most importantly, don’t forget to make time for yourself during this type of stressful situation. Remember to take frequent breaks from packing in order to come back stronger later! Prioritizing your well-being is important in order to avoid any burnout from happening.
Remember this: the more help you have, the less stressful your move will be! MoveMate is here to provide you with the best home moving services, as well as any add-ons that can make your move even easier.